Raise Funds for us
You can transform a family’s world – just by having fun. Challenge yourself and team up with friends, rally your colleagues, or go solo.
We are truly grateful to the supporters who help us raise funds for the charity. Some of the fundraising events that people have organised in the past have included running in a marathon, holding a raffle in their workplace, and arranging an auction.
If you would like to help us to fundraise, we would love to hear from you! Please give us a call or send us an email and we’d be happy to chat with you about your ideas.
Here are some fundraising ideas to get you started:
Individuals – ideas that you can carry out by yourself
- Auction off old items on ebay
- Dog walking
- Give up something – Give up the internet for a day, sugar for a week, caffeine for a month… and get sponsored for it!
- Spread the word – Write a post about us on Facebook or Twitter
- Run a marathon
- Recycle – recyclingforgoodcauses.org converts unwanted items into funds for a charity
- Shave your hair
- Talk to people – Tell them about us, direct them to our website, put them in contact with us… anything to get the word out!
Communities – get your friends and family involved!
- Bake sale
- Book sale – Ask people to donate their unwanted books and sell them off
- Car wash
- Fancy dress party – Or any other type of themed party
- Karaoke – Charge an entrance fee
- Man vs food – Eating competition
- Organise classes – If you’re good at something, hold classes for it (e.g. arts and crafts, chess, creative writing…)
- Sports tournament
- Supermarket collections – Write to your local supermarket asking if you can organise a collection for us. We’d be more than happy to provide you with collection tins and any other help you may need!
Organisations – ideas for the workplace
- Auction off services – e.g. fetching coffee/tea for the week, car cleaning, baking a cake
- Auction or raffle
- Baby photo competition – Get people to submit pictures of themselves as babies, charge them to enter the competition, and offer a prize to the winner!
- Charity of the week/month/year
- Family day
- Fancy dress day
- Pledge an hour’s pay