Befriending and Mentoring Volunteer Opportunities
Befrienders provide practical and emotional support to families in need by making supportive visits to their assigned family in the Westminster area.
A befriender will usually provide supportive home visits to the family each week for a minimum of 6 months.
A befriender can:
• Assist parents to find out about local services
• Provide non-specialist emotional support as an informed friend
• Assist families in the completion of paperwork (e.g. benefits forms) and correspondence
• Assist children with their homework
• Take children out for a few hours to allow parents some time to themselves
• Accompany parents to official appointments
Once we have received your completed application, we will invite you for a meeting. If you are successful we will put you forward for a befriending training course.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
Once we have received your completed application, if we think we may have a suitable position we will invite you for an interview to discuss your volunteering in more detail.