Befriending and Mentoring Volunteer Opportunities
Befrienders provide practical and emotional support to families in need by making supportive visits to their assigned family in the Westminster area. You can click here to read about our befriending service in more detail.
A befriender will usually provide supportive home visits to the family each week for a minimum of 6 months.
A befriender can:
• Assist parents to find out about local services
• Provide non-specialist emotional support as an informed friend
• Assist families in the completion of paperwork (e.g. benefits forms) and correspondence
• Assist children with their homework
• Take children out for a few hours to allow parents some time to themselves
• Accompany parents to official appointments
Once we have received your completed application, we will invite you for a meeting. If you are successful we will put you forward for a befriending training course.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
We do not have any of these roles available at the moment. Please check back soon.
Once we have received your completed application, if we think we may have a suitable position we will invite you for an interview to discuss your volunteering in more detail.
Meet some of our volunteers
Please note: we have used stock images and changed the names in some cases to protect the identities of our volunteers